Susan's Surprise

I recently worked with Susan rearranging and styling her home. On my second visit I asked her to bring out all of her decorations and accessories that she had stored away but that she wanted to find a place for in her home.
I love this part of my job!
To me it feels like Christmas morning with new toys for
play and imagination
.

One of the items that appeared from her box was this
decorative iron piece
.
I immediately saw it's possibilities!
I told Susan the items she needed to purchase,
then she gave me the opportunity of pulling it all together.

First I cut a piece of cardboard to size then
I adhered floral foam using hot glue.
Next I dressed the foam with plenty of moss
and slipped the entire thing into the metal piece.
Then came the real fun!
I started with the fillers,
a beautiful backstage of greenery.

Next I placed the florals,
pretty poppies in red and yellow.
I attached a metal wire to the back for easy hanging.
Now Susan has a beautiful arrangement
to hang on her door or in her home,
made from an item that she had stored away.
Do you have something hidden away
that with a little transformation would become
a beautiful accessory?

0 comments:

Post a Comment